Company InformationSwarm Technologies was founded on January 2016. The company is based in Palo Alto, CA, USA . The number of employees in Swarm Technologies is less than 50. Swarm technologies is develops lowest-cost global communications network with breakthrough satellite technology .
Here is how Swarm Technologies describes itself: "The world's lowest-cost, two-way global satellite connectivity solution for IoT and M2M devices in rural or remote regions."
Funding & investorsSwarm Technologies has received 2 rounds of venture funding. The total funding amount is around $27.7M.
- Craft Ventures (Venture capital)
- Sky Dayton (Investment partner)
- Kingsley Advani (Angel)
- Social Capital (Venture capital)
- NJF Capital (Venture capital)
- Contact us if you are interested to see all 7 investors
Similar Companies [beta]
Active Venture Investors
- Active Investors in Frontier Technology
- Active Investors in Hardware
- Active Investors in Science And Engineering
- Best Funded Frontier Technology Startups
- Best Funded Hardware Startups
- Best Funded Science And Engineering Startups
Swarm Technologies - Blog
- Finding the right IoT connectivity provider: an AgTech company’s journey
- Choosing the right IoT connectivity solution
- Monitoring critical communications sites in remote New Zealand
- Preventing wildfires through ultra-early detection
- Introducing the Swarm Eval Kit: Available to buy online now!
- Satellite IoT Q&A with Semtech
Optiweigh, an Australian agtech company, tried everything from mesh networks to legacy satellite solutions to keep their IoT products affordably connected in remote areas. Here, Optiweigh CEO Bill Mitchell shares his lessons learned and why they’re excited about now using Swarm. [...]Read More...The post Finding the right IoT connectivity provider: an AgTech company’s journey appeared first on Swarm.
The landscape of IoT connectivity solutions can be overwhelming. We discuss tradeoffs between the most common IoT connectivity solutions, from cell to satellite, so you can better choose the right option for your use case. [...]Read More...The post Choosing the right IoT connectivity solution appeared first on Swarm.
Swarm and Motiv have teamed up to monitor critical radio communications equipment in remote New Zealand for the Department of Conservation. From keeping search & rescue teams connecting, to helping DOC cut costs and reduce carbon emissions, read more about this great partnership! [...]Read More...The post Monitoring critical communications sites in remote New Zealand appeared first on Swarm.
Dryad Networks' IoT solution detects wildfires early before they spread. Read how they have partnered with Swarm to transfer that information from remote areas back to the people who can help. [...]Read More...The post Preventing wildfires through ultra-early detection appeared first on Swarm.
Introducing the Swarm Eval Kit! This out-of-the-box satellite communications kit allows everyone to send GPS locations and messages through their phones, and more technical users to build IoT sensors that can relay data through the Swarm network from anywhere on the planet. [...]Read More...The post Introducing the Swarm Eval Kit: Available to buy online now! appeared first on Swarm.
How Semtech's LoRa technology enables Swarm's ultra-small satellites, which allow Swarm to provide the lowest-cost satellite network for IoT. [...]Read More...The post Satellite IoT Q&A with Semtech appeared first on Swarm.