Company InformationSGI DNA was founded on January 2013. The company is based in La Jolla, CA, USA . The number of employees in SGI DNA is less than 50. Sgi-dna provides a variety of synthetic genomic solutions to advance your research.
Here is how SGI DNA describes itself: "Codex DNA is home to Gibson Assembly, and pioneering synthetic DNA/gene synthesis hardware, including the BioXp, the world’s first DNA printer. Our mission is to empower scientific researchers in both academic and commercial settings with the materials and methods to rapidly and accurately write large quantities of synthetic genes."
Funding & investorsSGI DNA has received 2 rounds of venture funding. The total funding amount is around $25M.
- Northpond Ventures (Venture capital)
- BroadOak Capital Partners (Investment bank)
- Oxford Finance LLC (Private equity firm)
Similar Companies [beta]
Active Venture Investors
- Active Investors in Biotechnology
- Active Investors in Data And Analytics
- Active Investors in Design
- Active Investors in Health Care
- Active Investors in Manufacturing
- Active Investors in Science And Engineering
- Active Investors in Wellness
- Best Funded Biotechnology Startups
- Best Funded Data And Analytics Startups
- Best Funded Design Startups
- Best Funded Health Care Startups
- Best Funded Manufacturing Startups
- Best Funded Science And Engineering Startups
- Best Funded Wellness Startups
SGI DNA - Blog
- BCC Research podcast recap: Codex DNA on the future of synthetic biology
- We’ve come a long way.
- Codex DNA Releases Long Gene Fragment Cloning On The BioXp™ System
- Codex DNA presents webinar: Countering emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants with Dr. Jesse Erasmus
- Codex DNA Expands End-to-End Automated Synthetic Biology Workstation Enabling High Throughput Synthesis from DNA Sequence to Biologically Active mRNA
- Celebrating DNA Day
BCC sits down with Jason Lehmann, PhD, from Codex DNA, Inc. in San Diego to talk about Codex DNA’s mission of applying breakthroughs in synthetic biology automation solutions. BCC podcast host Clara Mouawad and Jason talk about Codex DNA’s recent…The post BCC Research podcast recap: Codex DNA on the future of synthetic biology appeared first on Codex DNA.
Synthetic biology has advanced rapidly through the years as biologists, physicists, and engineers have continued their efforts to deliver new solutions to global healthcare, agriculture, manufacturing, and environmental challenges. As rapidly as the field is evolving, it’s important to appreciate…The post We’ve come a long way. appeared first on Codex DNA.
San Diego, CA, May 04, 2021 – Codex DNA, Inc., creators of the BioXp™ system, a fully automated benchtop instrument that enables numerous synthetic biology workflows, announced the addition of longer fragment cloning to the BioXp™ system. Scientists are now…The post Codex DNA Releases Long Gene Fragment Cloning On The BioXp™ System appeared first on Codex DNA.
The global COVID-19 pandemic caused by the novel SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus created an urgent need for protective interventions. Fortunately, new advances in vaccine development — including nucleic acid-based approaches — have enabled the unprecedented rollout of multiple vaccine products within a…The post Codex DNA presents webinar: Countering emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants with Dr. Jesse Erasmus appeared first on Codex DNA.
SAN DIEGO — April 27, 2021 — Codex DNA, Inc., creators of the BioXp™ system, a fully automated benchtop instrument that enables numerous synthetic biology workflows, today announced the release of a mRNA workflow for the BioXp™ workstation allowing scientists…The post Codex DNA Expands End-to-End Automated Synthetic Biology Workstation Enabling High Throughput Synthesis from DNA Sequence to Biologically Active mRNA appeared first on Codex DNA.
We’re celebrating two of the biggest discoveries in scientific history: The molecular structure of DNA and the complete mapping of all genes in the human genome The discovery of DNA’s double helix in 1953 and the completion of the Human…The post Celebrating DNA Day appeared first on Codex DNA.