Company InformationMorphic Therapeutic was founded on January 2015. The company is based in Waltham, MA, USA . The number of employees in Morphic Therapeutic is less than 100. Morphic therapeutic is a biotechnology company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies.
Funding & investorsMorphic Therapeutic has received 3 rounds of venture funding. The total funding amount is around $134.5M.
- Novo Holdings (Venture capital)
- Omega Funds (Venture capital)
- Invus (Venture capital)
- SR One (Corporate venture capital)
- Timothy A. Springer (Angel)
- Contact us if you are interested to see all 14 investors
Similar Companies [beta]
Active Venture Investors
- Active Investors in Biotechnology
- Active Investors in Health Care
- Active Investors in Science And Engineering
- Active Investors in Wellness
- Best Funded Biotechnology Startups
- Best Funded Health Care Startups
- Best Funded Science And Engineering Startups
- Best Funded Wellness Startups
Morphic Therapeutic - Blog
- Morphic Therapeutic Appoints Former Gilead Leader Norbert Bischofberger, Ph.D., to Board of Directors
- Morphic Therapeutic Enters Into Integrin Research and Development Collaboration with Janssen
- Morphic Therapeutic to Present at 37th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference
- AbbVie and Morphic Therapeutic Announce Collaboration Targeting Fibrotic Diseases
- Morphic Therapeutic Announces $80 Million Financing to Advance Next-Generation Oral Integrin Therapeutics through Clinical Proof of Concept
- High integrin affinity reached by hybrid domain deletion
WALTHAM, Mass. – June 14, 2019 – Morphic Therapeutic, a biotechnology company developing oral integrin therapies, today announced the appointment of former Gilead chief scientific officer and executive vice president of research and development, Norbert Bischofberger, Ph.D., to its Board of Directors. During a career of nearly 30 years with Gilead, Dr. Bischofberger oversaw the development of more than 25 medicines that transformed the treatment of serious pathogens or diseases including HIV, HCV and lymphoma.
Deal extends reach of Morphic discovery across all known human integrinsTherapeutic potential of Morphic pipeline expanded by inclusion of both integrin inhibitor and activator researchCollaboration facilitated by Johnson & Johnson Innovation, BostonWALTHAM, Mass. – February 21, 2019 – Morphic Therapeutic (Morphic), a biotechnology company developing oral integrin therapies, announced today that it has entered into a research and development collaboration with Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Janssen) to discover and develop novel integrin therapeutics for patients with conditions not adequately addressed by current therapies. Johnson & Johnson Innovation LLC facilitated the transaction. The collaboration focuses on several undisclosed integrin targets and will explore both inhibitors and activators of integrin function.
WALTHAM, Mass. – January 2, 2019 – Morphic Therapeutic, a biotechnology company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies, announced today that the company will present at the 37th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference in San Francisco on Wednesday, January 9, 2019.
Collaboration leverages Morphic’s unique platform for developing oral integrin drugs and AbbVie’s global development and commercialization capabilitiesNORTH CHICAGO, Ill. and WALTHAM, Mass. – October 18, 2018 – AbbVie (NYSE: ABBV), a research-based global biopharmaceutical company, and Morphic Therapeutic, a biotechnology company developing oral integrin therapies, announced today that the companies have entered into a research and development collaboration designed to advance a number of Morphic’s oral integrin therapeutics for fibrosis-related indications.
Series B financing led by Omega Funds and Novo HoldingsFinancing to enable the initiation of IND-enabling and clinical studies in 2019WALTHAM, Mass. – September 25, 2018 – Morphic Therapeutic, a biotechnology company developing a new generation of oral integrin therapies, announced today that it has completed a $80 million Series B financing to fund its two lead programs through clinical proof of concept, and to advance multiple other programs into the clinic.
Check out Morphic's recent joint publication with Springer lab and see how the binding affinity and kinetics of pro-TGFβ to integrin αvβ6 are regulated by the receptor conformation. https://timothyspringer.org/publications/high-integrin-alphavbeta6-affinity-reached-hybrid-domain-deletion-slows-ligand-binding