Company InformationBigstream was founded on July 2015. The company is based in Mountain View, CA, USA . The number of employees in Bigstream is less than 50. Bigstream achieves 2x-30x speedups of big data platforms like spark and kafka using cpus, fpgas and gpus without changing application code
Funding & investorsBigstream has received 3 rounds of venture funding. The total funding amount is around $5.5M.
- Intel Capital (Corporate venture capital)
- Oriza Ventures (Micro vc)
- Cota Capital (Private equity firm)
- Plug and Play (Accelerator)
Similar Companies [beta]
Active Venture Investors
- Active Investors in Artificial Intelligence
- Active Investors in Data And Analytics
- Active Investors in Science And Engineering
- Active Investors in Software
- Best Funded Artificial Intelligence Startups
- Best Funded Data And Analytics Startups
- Best Funded Science And Engineering Startups
- Best Funded Software Startups
Bigstream - Blog
- Bigstream Closes Funding Round Led by Xilinx and Cota Capital, with Samsung and SK hynix
- Bigstream partners with Intel to bring Hyperacceleration to Intel multi-core CPUs and FPGAs
- Bigstream Benchmark Report Shows 54% Cost Savings on Spark Deployments
- Bringing Hardware Acceleration to Data Science Without Touching Your Code
- Bigstream to introduce hyperacceleration for Apache Spark at Strata 2017
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, April 29, 2020/PRNewswire/ — Bigstream announced it has completed a $19.1 million funding round led by new investor Xilinx and existing investor Cota Capital, with participation from Samsung and SK hynix. Bigstream provides hyper-acceleration software for popular big data and machine learning platforms through advanced compiler and runtime technology, and automatic programming […]The post Bigstream Closes Funding Round Led by Xilinx and Cota Capital, with Samsung and SK hynix appeared first on Bigstream.
by Maysam Lavasani Today, I am pleased to welcome Intel as a strategic partner in our efforts to bring seamless Hyper-acceleration of Big Data platforms to market, powered by Intel multi-core CPUs and FPGAs. Read the press release. This new partnership covers a variety of business functions including sales and marketing, customer engagement, support, and product […]The post Bigstream partners with Intel to bring Hyperacceleration to Intel multi-core CPUs and FPGAs appeared first on Bigstream.
June benchmark results show a 2.89X speedup of Spark By George Demarest, Vice President of Marketing, Bigstream June 13, 2017 Bigstream is in the acceleration business. Our approach to hyper-acceleration is at the platform level, as opposed to point solutions that require special APIs, custom coding, and changes to IT and DevOps processes. This means that as we […]The post Bigstream Benchmark Report Shows 54% Cost Savings on Spark Deployments appeared first on Bigstream.
Part 1 of an interview with Maysam Lavasani, co-founder and CEO of Bigstream On March 14 of this year, Bigstream announced the availability of the Bigstream Hyper-Acceleration Layer on Amazon EMR and for on-prem use. After years of research and almost 2 years of stealth development, the introduction of Bigstream hyper-acceleration for Apache Spark, Spark […]The post Bringing Hardware Acceleration to Data Science Without Touching Your Code appeared first on Bigstream.
The following is a letter written by Bigstream Co-Founder and CEO, Maysam Lavasani, to our investors, advisors, and allies on Friday, March 10, 2017. Hello. I am writing to let you know that Bigstream is about to announce our first generally available product. It is designed to deliver hyper-acceleration for a variety of big data and […]The post Bigstream to introduce hyperacceleration for Apache Spark at Strata 2017 appeared first on Bigstream.