Company InformationAirside was founded on May 2009. The company is based in Arlington, VA, USA . The number of employees in Airside is less than 50. Airside develops privacy-based digital identity products for businesses and consumers.
Here is how Airside describes itself: "Airside Mobile puts members in control of their personal information, making digital identity verification, management, and enrollment fast and secure."
Funding & investorsAirside has received 7 rounds of venture funding. The total funding amount is around $21M. Last venture funding round was $13M, announced on August, 2020.
- Amadeus Ventures (Venture capital)
- Amadeus IT Group
- Bain Capital Ventures (Corporate venture capital)
- Blazar Ventures LLC (Venture capital)
- 8VC (Venture capital)
- Contact us if you are interested to see all 10 investors
Similar Companies [beta]
- Data And Analytics
- Information Technology
- Privacy And Security
- Science And Engineering
- Travel And Tourism
Active Venture Investors
- Active Investors in Biotechnology
- Active Investors in Data And Analytics
- Active Investors in Information Technology
- Active Investors in Mobile
- Active Investors in Privacy And Security
- Active Investors in Science And Engineering
- Active Investors in Software
- Active Investors in Transportation
- Active Investors in Travel And Tourism
- Best Funded Biotechnology Startups
- Best Funded Data And Analytics Startups
- Best Funded Information Technology Startups
- Best Funded Mobile Startups
- Best Funded Privacy And Security Startups
- Best Funded Science And Engineering Startups
- Best Funded Software Startups
- Best Funded Transportation Startups
- Best Funded Travel And Tourism Startups
Airside - Blog
- Interoperability and the Blockchain Hammer, Part 2
- Interoperability and the Blockchain Hammer, Part 1
- The Perils of Centralized Databases
- Health Pass
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Blockchain
- Why Airside and Tascent clients are accelerating biometrics adoption during COVID
“While DLT applications often target the removal of the ‘middle man’, this may not be a realistic goal in [identity management] applications due the context [sic] of identity maintaining a profound need for trust.” Paul Dunphy and Fabien A. P. Petitcolas DLTs and blockchain continue to disrupt and reshape the traditional financial services ecosystem having … Interoperability and the Blockchain Hammer, Part 2 Read More »The post Interoperability and the Blockchain Hammer, Part 2 appeared first on Airside.
Over the past decade, we technologists have become very familiar with Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and its immediate descendant: blockchains. We’re not alone anymore. We’ve all observed the growing general public interest in- and psychological gravity toward blockchain. As my colleague, Adam Tsao, wrote about in an earlier blog, it’s a fascinating topic that intrigues … Interoperability and the Blockchain Hammer, Part 1 Read More »The post Interoperability and the Blockchain Hammer, Part 1 appeared first on Airside.
“Our investigations indicate that the total period during which the cyber-attacker(s) were able to access our systems was less than one month,” SITA said in an email. I was reminded about the perils of centralized databases, which continue to draw hackers like moths to a flame, with the recent announcement that SITA’s Passenger Service System … The Perils of Centralized Databases Read More »The post The Perils of Centralized Databases appeared first on Airside.
Back in March of last year, in the early days of the pandemic, we started thinking about how we could put our expertise to work in getting the world going again. Having spent over six years delivering our Mobile Passport App to 9 million people to facilitate more secure and streamlined processes at U.S. customs … Health Pass Read More »The post Health Pass appeared first on Airside.
At Airside, we are committed to the belief that your digital IDs should be decentralized, highly encrypted and controlled by you, and that privacy should be technologically enforced. Naturally, people often ask whether our system relies on blockchain. The short answer is no, it does not. Don’t get me wrong— blockchain is a fascinating set … I Can’t Believe It’s Not Blockchain Read More »The post I Can’t Believe It’s Not Blockchain appeared first on Airside.
Increased Demand in Touchless Biometrics Do you remember this time last year? It’s a bit of a time warp to be sure. For us, this is when we usually prepare for the busiest days of travel during the holiday season. Fast forward to today, when COVID is top of everyone’s mind, and we see the … Why Airside and Tascent clients are accelerating biometrics adoption during COVID Read More »The post Why Airside and Tascent clients are accelerating biometrics adoption during COVID appeared first on Airside.