Company InformationZymergen was founded on January 2013. The company is based in Emeryville, CA, USA . The number of employees in Zymergen is less than 500. Zymergen researches, develops, and manufactures microbes for fortune 500 companies.
Here is how Zymergen describes itself: "Zymergen is a science & material innovation company rethinking biology and reimagining the world. We partner with nature to create the products of tomorrow."
Funding & investorsZymergen has received 5 rounds of venture funding. The total funding amount is around $874.1M. Last venture funding round was $300M, announced on September, 2020.
- SoftBank Vision Fund (Venture capital)
- Innovation Endeavors (Venture capital)
- Hanwha Asset Management (Venture capital)
- Data Collective DCVC (Venture capital)
- Goldman Sachs (Investment bank)
- Contact us if you are interested to see all 27 investors
Similar Companies [beta]
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data And Analytics
- Frontier Technology
- Science And Engineering
Active Venture Investors
- Active Investors in Artificial Intelligence
- Active Investors in Biotechnology
- Active Investors in Data And Analytics
- Active Investors in Frontier Technology
- Active Investors in Hardware
- Active Investors in Science And Engineering
- Active Investors in Software
- Best Funded Artificial Intelligence Startups
- Best Funded Biotechnology Startups
- Best Funded Data And Analytics Startups
- Best Funded Frontier Technology Startups
- Best Funded Hardware Startups
- Best Funded Science And Engineering Startups
- Best Funded Software Startups
Zymergen - Blog
- The brave new world of protein structures and biofacturing
- Does a billionaire space race really help humankind?
- The science of The Tomorrow War: The good, the bad, and the funny
- Coding for microbes: A day in the life of a software engineer at Zymergen
- The science of biofacturing: Josh Hoffman on This Week in Startups
- Beyond the t-test: Using Bayesian modeling to separate signal from noise
DeepMind has given us the 3-D structures of all human proteins. What does it mean for biofacturing? Here’s our take.The post The brave new world of protein structures and biofacturing appeared first on Zymergen.
A handful of tourists are taking joy rides to space, but humanity’s true prospects for thriving on- and off-planet depend on unlocking the microbial factories all around us.The post Does a billionaire space race really help humankind? appeared first on Zymergen.
When Hollywood tries its hand at biofacturing, sometimes science truth is better than science fictionThe post The science of The Tomorrow War: The good, the bad, and the funny appeared first on Zymergen.
As part of our We Make Tomorrow conversation series, Kiyan Ahmadizadeh talks about the software that builds bio-based products — and the value of bringing your whole self to work.The post Coding for microbes: A day in the life of a software engineer at Zymergen appeared first on Zymergen.
CEO Josh Hoffman talks synthetic biology, biofacturing, and what’s next for Zymergen with This Week in Startups podcast host Jason Calacanis.The post The science of biofacturing: Josh Hoffman on This Week in Startups appeared first on Zymergen.
A data science approach to finding commercially relevant titer improvements in fermentationThe post Beyond the t-test: Using Bayesian modeling to separate signal from noise appeared first on Zymergen.