Company InformationTempus was founded on January 2015. The company is based in Chicago, IL, USA . The number of employees in Tempus is less than 1000. Tempus, a technology company advancing precision medicine through the practical application of artificial intelligence in healthcare.
Here is how Tempus describes itself: "Tempus is a technology company that has built the world’s largest library of clinical and molecular data and an operating system to make that data accessible and useful, starting with cancer."
Funding & investorsTempus has received 10 rounds of venture funding. The total funding amount is around $920M. Last venture funding round was $300M, announced on December, 2020.
- New Enterprise Associates (NEA) (Venture capital)
- Baillie Gifford (Investment bank)
- Novo Holdings (Venture capital)
- Franklin Templeton (Venture capital)
- T. Rowe Price (Private equity firm)
- Contact us if you are interested to see all 11 investors
Similar Companies [beta]
- Artificial Intelligence
- Data And Analytics
- Health Care
- Science And Engineering
Active Venture Investors
- Active Investors in Artificial Intelligence
- Active Investors in Biotechnology
- Active Investors in Data And Analytics
- Active Investors in Health Care
- Active Investors in Science And Engineering
- Active Investors in Software
- Best Funded Artificial Intelligence Startups
- Best Funded Biotechnology Startups
- Best Funded Data And Analytics Startups
- Best Funded Health Care Startups
- Best Funded Science And Engineering Startups
- Best Funded Software Startups
Tempus - Blog
- Tempus Unveils Its Scalable Tumor Organoid Screening Platform In Cell Reports Study
- A Pan-Cancer Organoid Platform for Precision Medicine
- Tempus xF Liquid Biopsy Assay Demonstrates Extensive Analytical and Clinical Validity in npj Precision Oncology Study
- Tempus Announces Leadership Team Expansion Including Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Financial Officer
- Somatic Tumor Profile Analysis in a Patient with Germline PMS2 Mutation and Synchronous Ovarian and Uterine Carcinomas
- Validation of a Liquid Biopsy Assay With Molecular and Clinical Profiling of Circulating Tumor DNA
Tempus, a leader in artificial intelligence and precision medicine, today announced publication of a study outlining the precision medicine applications for its patient-derived tumor organoid (TO) platform. The study demonstrates how the platform has the potential to accelerate the application of patient derived biological models (organoids) in precision oncology and targeted therapeutic profiling programs through … ContinuedThe post Tempus Unveils Its Scalable Tumor Organoid Screening Platform In Cell Reports Study appeared first on Tempus.
Cell Reports, Tempus-authored — Patient-derived tumor organoids (TOs) are emerging as high-fidelity models to study cancer biology and develop novel precision medicine therapeutics. However, utilizing TOs for systems-biology-based approaches has been limited by a lack of scalable and reproducible methods to develop and profile these models. We describe a robust pan-cancer TO platform with chemically defined … ContinuedThe post A Pan-Cancer Organoid Platform for Precision Medicine appeared first on Tempus.
Tempus, a leader in artificial intelligence and precision medicine, today announced results from validation studies demonstrating the reliable analytical performance of the Tempus|xF liquid biopsy. When validated against methods such as ddPCR, the Roche AVENIO kit, and the Tempus|xT solid tumor assay, xF demonstrated high sensitivity and specificity for calling SNVs, indels, CNVs, and gene … ContinuedThe post Tempus xF Liquid Biopsy Assay Demonstrates Extensive Analytical and Clinical Validity in npj Precision Oncology Study appeared first on Tempus.
Tempus, a leader in artificial intelligence and precision medicine, today announced the addition of six new hires to the leadership team, including a new Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel, and the company’s first Chief Accounting Officer, Senior Vice President of Marketing, and Senior Vice President of Corporate Development. “In the last year, … ContinuedThe post Tempus Announces Leadership Team Expansion Including Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Financial Officer appeared first on Tempus.
Journal of Personalized Medicine, Tempus-authored — Lynch syndrome patients with synchronous endometrial and ovarian cancer (SEOC) are rare. When these cases occur, they are most often endometrioid histology and early grade. Early-grade tumors are not often sent for somatic tumor profiling. We present a 39 year old SEOC patient with germline PMS2 Lynch syndrome and clinical tumor … ContinuedThe post Somatic Tumor Profile Analysis in a Patient with Germline PMS2 Mutation and Synchronous Ovarian and Uterine Carcinomas appeared first on Tempus.
npj Precision Oncology, Tempus-authored — Liquid biopsy is a valuable precision oncology tool that is increasingly used as a non-invasive approach to identify biomarkers, detect resistance mutations, monitor disease burden, and identify early recurrence. The Tempus xF liquid biopsy assay is a 105-gene, hybrid-capture, next-generation sequencing (NGS) assay that detects single-nucleotide variants, insertions/deletions, copy number … ContinuedThe post Validation of a Liquid Biopsy Assay With Molecular and Clinical Profiling of Circulating Tumor DNA appeared first on Tempus.