Company InformationBacker is based in San Francisco, California, USA. The number of employees in Backer is unknown. Backer is a social savings platform that enables users to set up a tax-free 529 account where family and friends can contribute.
Here is how Backer describes itself: "Easy way to sign up for 529 College Savings Plans and save more with gifts from family and friends, a 529 calculator, reviews of state plans, and information on contribution limits."
Funding & investorsBacker has received 1 rounds of venture funding. The total funding amount is around $8.4M.
- Correlation Ventures (Venture capital)
- Crosslink Capital (Venture capital)
- Daniel Macklin (Angel)
- Expansion Ventures
- Great Oaks Venture Capital (Micro vc)
- Princeton University (University program)
- Rally Ventures (Venture capital)
- Reach Capital (Micro vc)
- Sam Yam (Angel)
- Tom Blaisdell (Investment partner)
- Ulu Ventures (Micro vc)
- University of Massachusetts
- Dartmouth (Private equity firm)
- University of Southern California
Similar Companies [beta]
Active Venture Investors